Serving up a hearty serving of metabolism-boosting capsaicin as well as 100% plant-based ingredients, this healthy Spicy Peanut Stew for vegans (or anyone who enjoys good food) is a sure-fire instant hit.
Whip it up--tell us what you think! You can get this vegan Spicy Peanut Stew recipe and dozens more in our Plant-Based Vegan Guide.
In addition to recipes (including snacks and desserts!), this comprehensive e-book dives into plant-based nutrition, debunking myths and helping you plug commonvegan nutritional holes so you can enjoy the best plant-based diet for your body and your goals.
BRING HOME THEPLANT-BASED VEGAN GUIDE NOW.
VEGAN SPICY PEANUT STEW
Makes 4 servings
Calories: 250 Fat: 10g Carb: 38 Protein:10g
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1, 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1, 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 handfuls of spinach or kale
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat add onion and garlic and sauté until translucent.
- Add red pepper, jalapeno pepper, sweet potato and canned tomato. Raise heat to medium-high and simmer for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium bowl, whisk peanut butter with 1 cup of stock until no clumps remain. Stir into large saucepan. Add remaining broth, chili powder and cayenne. Cover and simmer for 10-20 minutes or until sweet potato is tender.
- Stir in chickpeas and spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.